Assistant Project Coordinator
Free Media Movement (FMM) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for Assistant Project Coordinator - Trainee(Full Time). The candidate would be offered the Project Coordinator (Full time) position from 1st January 2022 upon successful completion of the assigned duties of the Assistant Project Coordinator - Trainee position.
Areas of work:
Media Freedom / Human Rights/ Advocacy
Job Location: Colombo Sri Lanka / Online when required
Job scope :
- Timely implementation of Free Media Movement project activities.
- Ensure project activities are performed in line with the targets identified in the project documents. Report to the Project Coordinator proactively where targets could be derailed and provide potential solutions to overcome challenges.
- Ensure activities are implemented according to planned timelines and aligned with broader programme policies and guidelines, including programme monitoring and evaluation
- To be the key communication link and foster relationships between FMM staff and the stakeholders engaged at the project level.
- Provide input into project proposals and support on the implementation of activity scale-up.
- Document project activity successes and guidance for FMM communication and visibility while providing input for external communications on project success.
- Work closely with the project coordinator to formulate proposals for funding and for documenting and communicating results.
- Assist in the updating and monitoring of social media platforms.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team, plan and organize work with minimum supervision, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- General knowledge of project cycle management and Sri Lankan Non-Governmental Organization landscape.
- Exposure and knowledge on account management of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Completion of secondary school education and post-secondary qualification in a related discipline.
- University Degree in Social Sciences or any other field relevant to media freedom and human rights is highly desirable.
Minimum two years of progressively responsible experience directly implementing field-level project activities for an NGO or government institution.
Work experience related to media freedom and human rights projects is highly desirable.
Fluency and competency in Sinhala & English are essential; Tamil language fluency is an advantage.
Salary: Reasonable renaturation is available for the right candidate.
Application closing date: 22nd August