Free Media Movement is calling for applications for the position of a Project Coordinator for the " Advancing Transparency and Countering Corruption in Sri Lanka” to empower the group of 36 Field Journalist in 6 District in Northern and Eastern Province to contribute to combatting the bribery and corruption at the all levels of the governance in Sri Lanka. This is a full-time position and the contract period will be from 2019 May 15 to March 2020. If the project continues, FMM will consider the extension of the present contract present on performance.
This position will be responsible for the devising Project implementation plans and coordinating project activities according to Log Frame of the actual project; Project cycle management, collection of data & information; writing meeting and progress reports, implementation of activities and reporting to donor, Cooperating with the finance manager on budgets, Organizing and Coordinating National Level and Field Level Workshops; Media monitoring to look into newspapers, television, radio and the Internet for project related news items. Contributing to formulate the overall strategy of the country program in coordination with the Program's steering committee.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Professional and Academic qualifications in the relevant fields and Minimum 1 years of experience in Project cycle management & Reporting
• Writing, speaking, and understanding in English and Tamil is essential. Spoken command of all three languages is an advantage.
• Having a Journalist back ground is an advantage
• Ability to effectively manage time and handle multiple assignments on time.
• Knowledge and hand on experience in MS. Office package;
• Awareness of International/National issues in the area of Combatting Bribery & Corruption, Freedom of Expression, civil society, human rights, international development.
• The Project Coordinator will be based in Colombo and expected to spend some time in the field.
Please Email your CV on or before 10th June 2019
Please mention the position in the subject area of the email
Salary and other benefits are negotiable